Country Roads of Belgium, Luxembourg & the Netherlands (Preview 2020)
Country Roads Of Belgium, Luxembourg & The Netherlands (Preview 2020)
Step back in time and immerse yourself in idyllic 17th century Dutch landscapes of gently turning windmills and charming bridges, arching over peaceful canals. Enjoy a slower pace of life with all the comforts of modern touches.
- Bruges: Experience a Dine-Around Evening in beautiful Bruges; enjoying regional dishes, excellent service and famous Belgian beer.
- Scourmont Abbey: Visit the late 19th century abbey, built upon what was once wild and barren land. Then, learn about the production secrets of the Chimay Trappist beers and cheeses before sampling freshly brewed beer along with a taste of golden-crusted cheese.
- Luxembourg: After admiring Luxembourg countryside, savour a freshly-prepared Farm-to-Table meal at restaurant L’Écurie du Parc, made of locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients typical of the region.
- Monnickendam: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with wine in an elegant restaurant in the quaint village of Monnickendam.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Amsterdam: Explore the Rijksmuseum with a local art historian.
- Volendam: Journey through the polder landscape to visit Volendam. Along the way, visit a rustic cheese workshop to learn the secrets of the dairy industry and witness the ancient art of clog making.
Stay in Style
- Clervaux: The Chteau D’Urspelt is a magnificent 18th century residence, classified as a national monument and fully renovated to feature both modern convenience and style, together with traditional charm.
Top Rated Highlights
- Keukenhof Festival: Visit Keukenhof to see millions of multi-coloured bulb-flowers in bloom on select departures.
- Brussels: Visit the Grand Place and view the Mannekin Pis.
- Waterloo: 200 years after the fall of Napoleon, visit the site to discover why the Battle of Waterloo was such a defining moment in European history. Those feeling adventurous can experience panoramic views from atop the Lion’s Mound, worth the effort of the 230 steps.
- Brussels: See the Atomium, and the Chinese and Japanese Pavilions.
- Ghent: With a Local Expert, visit St. Bavo’s Cathedral with its Van Eyck masterpiece and see the Castle of the Counts.
- Bruges: Visit the Market Square and famous belfry of the Market Hall with your Local Expert. See the Gothic town hall in Burg Square and the frescoes on the walls of the Holy Blood Chapel.
- Luxembourg: With your Local Expert, enjoy views over the Petrusse Ravine and walk through the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the cathedral, the Palace of the Grand Duke and visit the grave of U.S. General George S. Patton. Lookout from from the Pont Adolphe.
- Bastogne: Experience a fascinating insight into the history of the World War II at the modern Bastogne War Museum. Visit the Mardasson Monument, dedicated to those who fell during the Battle of the Bulge.
- Rotterdam: Witness the impressive market hall and Erasmus Bridge on your orientation of this modern city.
- The Hague: See the Binnenhof courtyards and the Peace Palace.
- Delft: Visit one of the manufacturers of original Delft blue pottery and see the potters at work on your guided tour.
- Amsterdam: Cruise along the old waterways, discovering the architectural gems of the old city, including mansions dating from the Golden Age of the 17th Century.
- Amsterdam: Led by your Travel Director, wander the city to see the floating flower market, Dam Square and the Royal Palace.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the scenery as you travel through Flanders, the Walloon region, along the River Meuse, across Ardennes Plateau and through the Semois Valley and Dutch countryside.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Brussels.
The Battlefield of Waterloo.
Ghent and on to Bruges.
Luxembourg City and Countryside.
Explore Bastogne then on to Rotterdam.
Delft, the Hague and on to Amsterdam.
A True Dutch Delight.