Irish Elegance - Preview 2022
Irish Elegance – Classic Group, 2022
Showcasing the very best sights and scenery of Ireland including the Wild Atlantic Way and a night at the magnificently restored Ashford Castle.
- Dublin: Join your Travel Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Dinner, an opportunity to get to know each other over a meal with wine.
- Ashford Castle: One of the finest culinary experiences in the world, a delicious Farm-to-Table menu awaits you.
- Ashford Castle: Dine on delicious farm-to-table fare in a stylish setting at Ashford Castle’s iconic George V Dining Room.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Blarney: Choose between a visit to Blarney Castle where you will see the famous Stone of Eloquence. Alternatively, visit the lush gardens of the estate with a senior gardener.
- Connemara: Choose between a visit to the turreted Neo-Gothic Kylemore Abbey. Alternatively, taste the unique flavours of DK Connemara oysters, bred in pure water that runs off the limestone hills of the Connemara National Park. Learn about the farm’s sustainability initiatives in an enlightening Make Travel Matter experience. DK Connemara oysters lead the way in biodiversity and packaging for farming and advances SDG 12: Responsible Consumption & Production.
- Dublin: Tour Trinity College with a university insider, before marvelling at the ancient Book of Kells, created by monks and dating from A.D. 800.
Top Rated Highlights
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see Custom House and travel along the River Liffey. See the Guinness Brewery, Christchurch Cathedral and St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- Scenic Drives: The Irish scenery is one of the most beautiful in the world. Relax and admire the views as your travel along the Ring of Kerry and through County Clare, Burren and Connemara.
- Cashel: See the Rock of Cashel where St. Patrick preached.
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and remote villages, as you journey the magical Ring of Kerry.
- Shannon: Cross the estuary by ferry.
- Cliffs of Moher: Stop by the Exhibition Centre and look out over the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Galway: See the stunning cathedral of the City of Tribes.
- Cong: Enjoy time as you wish to explore this delightful, quintessential Irish village, used as the location for 1952 film, ‘The Quiet Man.’ See the statue of the lead characters played by John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara, and the ruins of the Medieval Cong Abbey.
- Ashford Castle: On arrival to Ashford Castle, you are escorted over the drawbridge by a lone piper for a majestic entrance fit for royalty.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
In Dublin’s Fair city
Cashel and Blarney, heading for Killarney
Ring of Kerry Experience
The Cliffs of Moher and on to Galway
Majestic Ashford Castle
Across the Emerald Isle to Dublin