Embark on a 12-day Premium journey that weaves together China’s layered history, famous icons, cultural heritage and celebrated cuisine. Be dazzled by modern China in Shanghai, then step back in time to the charming villages of Huizhou. See the magnificent karst hills of Yangshuo and come face to face with the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an. Walk an original section of the Great Wall and revel in the big show of Beijing. Of all China’s assets, its greatest is its people – visit traditional family homes and travel with an expert local leader to uncover a lesser-known side of the country.
- Shanghai – Shanghai cuisine welcome dinner
- Shanghai – City walking tour (French Concession, People’s Park & Bund)
- Huizhou – Bamboo weaving family visit
- Huizhou – Stone tablet inscription printing demonstration
- Huizhou – Home-cooked lunch
- Huizhou – Tangmo village tour
- Shanghai – rooftop bar (one drink included)
- Yangshuo – walking tour
- Yangshuo – Xianggong Hill & Tea Farm Visit
- Yangshuo – Cooking class
- Xi’an – Muslim Quarter walking tour
- Xi’an – Muslim Quarter dumpling dinner
- Xi’an – Terracotta Warriors Tour (entrace fee, transport, local guide included)
- Xi’an – Home-cooked lunch
- Beijing – Jingshan Park
- Beijing – Forbidden City
- Beijing – Tiananmen Square
- Beijing – Wood mortise and tenon demonstration
- Beijing – Hutong home-cooked lunch
- Beijing – Hutong walking tour with local expert
- Great Wall – Huanghuacheng Section
- Beijing – Beijing duck dinner
- Experience authentic Chinese cuisine during a homecooked lunch with a local family in Huizhou, a tea plantation tour and cooking class in Yangshuo and a dinner of regional specialties in Xi’an.
- With karst hills dotted along Li River, the scenery in Yangshuo is spectacular – here you’ll enjoy a feature stay in a splendid hotel offering old-fashioned charm, modern comforts and awe-inspiring mountain views.
- Get a sense of the scale of China’s epic history when you come face to face with the Terracotta warriors and visit a lesser-known section of the Great Wall – the only section that winds along mountains and cuts through lakes.
- Journey to the peaceful Huizhou villages, home to the quintessential image of white walled, black tiled traditional houses, and enjoy a night in a heritage hotel converted from the mansion home of a famous Ming Dynasty poet.
- Discover the bright lights of modern China in Shanghai, and uncover a different side of Beijing as you follow an expert guide through the city’s hutongs, followed by a homecooked lunch in the hutong house of a retired chef.